Thursday, January 24, 2013

OOPS

Here am I standing at the window and waving to the Lufthansa plane as it pulls out without me.

We were near the end of loading the flight (I was the last of our group) and we had shown our boarding passes when they told us that there  was no more overhead storage space so we had to gate check larger bags. I decided to to just that. Went down the very long corridors to the door of the plane and they asked for my passport. That is when I realized that it was in the bag I just gate checked.

So they had to offload all of the luggage looking for my two bags, along with bags of 8 others who arrived after the doors had been shut. That delayed everyone.

My flight was cancelled, even though I had my passport a half hour prior to their leaving--so frustrating. A $300 mistake!

So I am overnighting in a hotel by the airport, doing this blog entry and notifying my family and then I am going to have a bite to eat and plan to sleep 12 or more hours before heading back to my new plane.

WIth all that we have been through, this was surely the least disasterous disaster we could have had. Mostly glad that everyone is one their way safely.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment